We are nearly half way through May, which means you only have two more weeks to bag our amazing summer deal! We have a discounted package on offer right now which is designed to help you feel and look great for summer. Whether you have already started your summer workout or are just thinking about joining us for our beach body offer, I wanted to go back to basics this week and remember why Pilates is so good for you and how it can help you achieve your summer goals.
Why Pilates is great
1. Tone up- Pilates will build tone and definition without bulking you up. If one of your summer goals is a flatter tummy, the exercises can help by engaging and strengthening your deep ab muscles, helping you get a sleek, flat stomach. It can also help build definition in your upper arms, tone up your rear, as well as working on your legs. It is low impact on your joints, so it avoids stressing your body and tones rather than bulks out muscles.
2. Build strength- By regularly engaging the full range of muscles, your body will grow in strength with every workout meaning you will have the power you need in the right areas to help you move in the best possible way.
3. Improved flexibility- I truly believe that even after one class you will feel better. Stretching is a key component of Pilates and something that is hard to find time to do. The benefits are huge, and regular stretching will help maintain long term mobility throughout life.
4. Better posture- As your body gets stronger, you are more able to support a better posture which means you will walk taller and look slimmer. But even in the early days before you have fully gained that strength, Pilates gives you the knowledge and the tools to make changes in everyday life. You’ll find yourself sitting better at your desk and perhaps thinking about how you are lifting and bending, an awareness of which is so important for better habits and improved posture.
5. Mind and Body- The thing I love most about Pilates is that it is a true workout for every part of your body. It is not just the physical exercise which is important, but also the mental work you undertake as well. Pilates is one of the few exercises that works on your mind and your body at the same time.
I could go on! Pilates can help prevent injury, it can help you cross train for other summer sporting events, it can be taken up at any age and it’s a great stress reliever. I’m a passionate advocate of the benefits of Pilates.
If you are curious about what Pilates could do for you this summer, or are wondering about what a class would involve, drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or pop into the studio and have a chat with me or any one of our friendly instructors. Until the end of May we have a special summer offer, with discounted rates and classes. What better way to come and try it out or get ready for summer? I guarantee Pilates will make you feel great!